Home The Railway The Association Images Contacts
Macduff Section
GNSRA is a registered charity no. SC050156  :  Website v2.23   1999 to 2020 GNSRA Inveramsay Wartle Rothienorman Fyvie Auchterless Turriff Plaidy King Edward Banff Bridge Macduff
Macduff
The Banff, Macduff and Turriff Junction Railway connected Turriff to the GNSR main line at Inveramsay.  A separate company, the Banff, Macduff and Turriff Extension Railway, built an extension (branch not shown) to a station called Banff and Macduff. The junction railway, together with the junction station at Inveramsay, opened on 4/9/1857 (official) and 5/9/1857 (goods/passengers); the extension opened on 4/6/1860 (goods/passengers). Both railways were absorbed by GNSR on 1/8/1866, and the line was extended 1⁄2-mile (0.80 km) to a new Macduff station on 1/7/1872 (goods/passengers). The Macduff Section closed on 1 October 1951 (passengers), completely north of Turiff on 1 August 1961 and the remaining line on 3 January 1966
Locomotives Coaches Wagons Lines & Stations Signalling Buses People Bibliography Main Line   