Buckie Harbour Line
GNSRA is a registered charity no. SC050156  :  Website v2.34  © 1999 to 2020 GNSRA
Buckie Station (GNSR) and its goods yard were immediately adjacent to Cluny Harbour. The entrance to the Goods Shed was directly opposite the harbour’s central pier. Buckie was a thriving fishing and shipbuilding port, having (prior to WW1) the largest steam drifter fleet in Scotland. It also had numerous boat builders, spread out along the shore. Most of these had amalgamated into three main boatyards by the start of WW2, or had gone out of business. The three boatyards continued to build traditional Scottish wooden fishing vessels. Cluny Harbour remains a commercial port, currently servicing the Beatrice Field Demonstrator turbines. It also supports boat repair, cargo handling and fishing.
Go to station page About 1909