GNSRA, Great North of Scotland Railway Coat of Arms.

Previous Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.

GNSRA Stations Gallery

Next Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.
A class 24 arrives at Rothes with a train for Aberdeen in May 1968, note the casks in the distillery sidings, the long closed line from Orton comes in to the right of the signal box. Cairnie Junction 7 May 1966. Knock looking north on 7 May 1966, note the use of flat bottomed rail rather than the far more extensive bull head rail on the coast line, Knockdhu distillery still flourishes today.
A Cravens unit has just passed Glassaugh Station with an afternoon service on 7 May 1966, the station served the nearby village of Sandend and closed in 1953. A class 26 possibly 19 or 29 leaves Cullen for Elgin on 7 May 1966. At a sedate max of 25mph a class 26 heads for Portknockie in the distance, although it's 7 May 1966 and the sun is shining the driver is doing his best to give his passengers a sauna.
A class 26 leaves Portgordon with the 1.52pm Elgin to Aberdeen on 13 Apr 1968 about 3 weeks before closure of the coast line. A dual liveried Swindon DMU at Tillynaught with the 8.58 Elgin to Aberdeen service on 13 Apr 1968, this site has been planted with trees and should be a forest in 10 years. Buckie, with closure imminent people were clearly keen to sample a trip along the coast line for the last time as seen on 27 Apr 1968, the line closed on 6 May 1968.
Gallery Introduction
Connect to Frames | Site Map | Šopyright