GNSRA, Great North of Scotland Railway Coat of Arms.

Previous Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.

GNSRA Stations Gallery

Next Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.
Keith Town as seen from a Cravens Unit forming the 11.53 Keith Junction to Elgin, 17 Sep 1966. Towiemore as seen from a Cavens DMU on the 11.53 Keith Junction 17 Sep 1966, the bothie on the left was formerly Botriphnie Siding signal box shut in 1896. A Cravens DMU heads south through Towiemore 27 Apr 1968.
D5095 approaches the main viaduct at Cullen with the 1.52pm Elgin-Aberdeen on 17 Sept 1966, as '24095' the loco was withdrawn in August 1975. A green-blue liveried Swindon heads west for Elgin with the 11.29 ex Cairnie Junction, 13 Apr 1968, a wonderful shot of a glorious bit of coastline and it's railway. The Craigellachie to Rothes token is about to be given to the driver in this scene on 17 Sept 1966.
You could board either of these units at Keith and though heading in opposite directions, by completely different routes still end up in the same place, Elgin. A mixed livery Cravens passes the up home at signal at Craigellachie as it heads north, the down starter has a lower secondary co-acting arm so it could be seen under the bridge, 27 Apr 1968. A goodly number of passengers at Cairnie Junction on 17 Sept 1966, not even the merest hint of this scene remains nowadays.
Gallery Introduction
Connect to Frames | Site Map | Šopyright