GNSRA, Great North of Scotland Railway Coat of Arms.

Previous Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.

GNSRA Stations Gallery

Next Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.
A lovely shot of Rothes Station looking south on 27 May 1968, the closure notice is being read. A Swindon DMU passes the site of the rarely photographed Ruthrieston Station in the late 60's, closure came in 1937, the Swindon was no doubt standing in for the more typical Cravens DMU. Pitmedden 5 Dec 1964, the crossing keeper is carrying oil for the signal lamps, the destination of the Cravens is unknown.
Dyce 5 Dec 1964, taken from what would nowadays be inside the chipper [very good too], note the vast carriage sheds beyond the box. D8610 pauses at Aboyne on the last down freight to Ballater, 15 July 1966. Possibly the only Clayton to reach Ballater, D8610 prepares to leave with the last freight, 15 July 1966.
D5307 shunts next to the Dee at Banchory with the penultimate freight to Ballater, 13 July 1966, photos of Sulzers on this line are rare. D5307 at Dinnet with the penultimate freight from Ballater on 13 July 1966, the platforms and buildings still exist albeit in what is now a mature forest. A Cravens crosses the Isla at Keith Town, the rear car is blue the front green, note the evidence of repair work to the bridge despite the imminent loss of passenger services, 27 Apr 1968.
Gallery Introduction
Connect to Frames | Site Map | Šopyright