GNSRA, Great North of Scotland Railway Coat of Arms.

Previous Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.

GNSRA Locomotives Gallery

Next Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.
Hopefully gauge enhancement work will revitalise freight services over the old main line, here 25082 heads, most likely for Dalmuir on 2 May 1980, the loco was cut up in January 1983 at Swindon. Former Great Eastern 8531 ex Elgin stands beside Earl Marischal, 5025 and 5027 on the left back onto their next train, a Caley loco approaches on the right, Mid 1930's. William Whitelaw arrives with a train from Edinburgh in January 1937.
The Sojer calls at Kittybrewster having visited the N.E branchlines earlier on 13 June 1960, the high quality of the station's structure very obvious, all that remains now are the the platforms buried under the weeds. WD 90041 leaves the yard at Kittbrewster and heads for Craiginches, 6 Feb 1960. An unusual view of a class 40 scurrying back to Ferryhill courtesy of the GNSRA trip to see the Aberdeen signal boxes on 29 Apr 1978.
V2 60898 prepares to leave Aberdeen with the 3.30 postal on 19 June 1962. D5330 and D5336 with the 17.45 to Waverly, 14 Apr 1960. By Jan 08 the last rails will have been lifted at Guild Street Depot and the work commence on the new shopping centre etc., a reminder of the old days in this early 60's shot.
Gallery Introduction
Connect to Frames | Site Map | Šopyright