GNSRA, Great North of Scotland Railway Coat of Arms.

Previous Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.

GNSRA Stations Gallery

Next Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.

Gartly Station looking north, 16 Jun 1962. Culter looking west with mill sidings off to right, date unknown. B12 61501 exchanges the token on an up train at Culter.
Class 120 Swindon DMU has set back into the old GNSR station after arriving at 11.30. Despite a busy forecourt the withdrawal notice is already up for services from Aberdeen to Elgin via Buckie and Dufftown. The complexities of Elgin as viewed in the late 1960's from the platform end at Elgin station, the Morayshire Railway shed of 1852 is on the right.
Oldmeldrum Station in 1959. Oldmeldrum in 1959, it would be a further 6 years before the first--and last-- DMU arrived. Oldmeldrum lost it's freight service on 3 Jan 1966, it's rural location is now occupied by houses and industrial units.
Gallery Introduction
Connect to Frames | Site Map | Šopyright