GNSRA, Great North of Scotland Railway Coat of Arms.

Previous Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.

GNSRA Signal Box Gallery

Next Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.
This post card franked on 22.7.07 shows a remarkably uncluttered scene at Dyce, an abundance of signals were of course just behind the photographer. Dyce Box has survived to serve the new freight facility at Raith's Farm and has the most modern electronics to go with it, a reminder of it's past with D5328 on 24 May 1969. A fine view of Dyce Box after the token is handed over for a GNSRA excursion over the Buchan lines on 24 May 1969.
Mr. D.Fraser exchanges the tablet at Elgin East with DMU bound for Cairnie Junction in Sept 1967. A snow plough seen at Newmachar waits to head north in the winter of 1947. Fraserburgh box on 30 Sept 1965, the box closed on 27 June 1966.
The interior of Fraserburgh signal box 30 Sept 1965 a few days before withdrawal of passenger services to Aberdeen. A Macduff bound service enters Fyvie in this winter scene sometime in the 1920's.
Gallery Introduction
Connect to Frames | Site Map | Šopyright