GNSRA, Great North of Scotland Railway Coat of Arms.

Previous Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.

GNSRA Signal Box Gallery

Next Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.
Insch Box Apr 1978. Formerly Huntly South a mere gate box from 1901 to 1970 when ugraded to block post after the line singled, the original Huntly Box is nearest the station 5 Apr 1978. Aberdeen Centre Box  from Clayhills side, nothing shows where it once stood, 29 Apr 1979.
Elgin East from the Glen Line, the frame controls the gasworks branch, Jan 1964. Kemnay Box was incorporated into the station buildings, even by 1960 the station looked very smart indeed. Oldmeldrum Box in 1959, the last passenger service was signalled away on 2 Nov 1961.
Banchory box awaits final destruction, It's proximity to the cemetery compounds this melancholic scene. Banchory Box after closure. Whilst a barrier has replaced these gates at Insch the box is still open in refurbished form, an early 60's view.
Gallery Introduction
Connect to Frames | Site Map | Šopyright