GNSRA, Great North of Scotland Railway Coat of Arms.

Previous Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.

GNSRA Stations Gallery

Next Gallery.Back to the Gallery Introduction.
D5313 at Knockando on the 2 Nov 1968, this station still retains some of its architecture, once known as 'Tamdhu Visitors Center' it is well worth a visit with spectacular views over the River Spey as an added extra. Keith Junction station buildings Jan.1960. Grantown-on-Spey East looking north on 23 Feb 1963.
Ballater in the winter of 1909,scenes such as these give the impression that winters of yore were far more severe than the present day, and certainly were harsher for railway workers. The Inverness plough clears the line through platform 1 at Keith in Jan 1960, no doubt to everyone's delight except the porter who has just cleared the platform. A Cravens DMU at Lossiemouth in June 1964 on a private charter after withdrawal of passenger services.
This private charter from Elgin to Lossiemouth in June 1964 cost the princely sum of £2 to hire. D5341 calls at Longmorn with the mid afternoon Elgin to Aviemore service in June 1964. D5341 at Cromdale in June 64, the corridor connection doors are slightly open no doubt providing some pleasant free air conditioning for the crew.
Gallery Introduction
Connect to Frames | Site Map | ©opyright