Home The Railway The Association Photo Gallery Contacts
Coast and Lossiemouth Sections
Unless otherwise specified, all items  1999 to 2020 GNSRA All Other Rail Sections Locomotives Coaches Wagons Lines & Stations Signalling Buses People Bibliography
Grange
Millegan
Knock
Glenbarry
Cornhill
Tillynaught
Carnie Jct.
Portsoy Harbour
Portsoy
Glassaugh
Tochieneal
Cullen
Portknockie
Findochty
Buckie
Portessie
Spey Bay
Urquhart
Garmouth
Port Gordon
Calcots
ELGIN
Buckpool
Lossie- mouth
Rifle Range Greens of Drainie Linksfield Coast Coast Lossiemouth
The first parts of the Coast Section were laid by the Banff,  Portsoy & Strathisla Railway (headquartered in Banff), as part  of its main line from Grange via Tillynaught to Banff Harbour.   From Tillynaught, a branch of 3.25 miles led to Portsoy.  The  line from Grange to Portsoy opened on 30/7/1859  (goods/passengers). The Act of 21/7/1863 authorised extension from Portsoy  onwards to Port Gordon, and provided that GNSR would  contribute £80,000 of the cost thereof.  Shortage of money  prevented this work being started. After much negotiation, the Act of 12/8/1867 amalgamated the  Banffshire Railway with GNSR and gave powers to abandon the  extension to Port Gordon. EDITING NOTE  Opened xx/xx/xx goods/passengers. Closed yy/yy/yy goods/passengers).
EDITING NOTE  separate paragraphs on  Lossiemouth Section  Elgin to Lossiemouth opened  10/8/1852 (official), 11/8/1852 (goods/passengers)  Closed yy/yy/yy (goods/passengers)