Home The Railway The Association Photo Gallery Contacts
Banff Section
Unless otherwise specified, all items  1999 to 2020 GNSRA All Other Rail Sections Locomotives Coaches Wagons Lines & Stations Signalling Buses People Bibliography
Banff
Ladybridge
Ordens
Tillynaught
Banff
This Section was laid by the Banff, Portsoy & Strathisla  Railway (BP&SR), headquartered in Banff, as part of  its main line from Grange to Banff Harbour.  From  Tillynaught, a branch of 3.25 miles led to Portsoy. The BP&SR opened on 30/7/1859  (goods/passengers), but was impoverished from the  start.  The working of the line was taken over by GNSR  (who renamed it the Banffshire Railway), as from  1/2/1863.  Amalgamation followed, as from 12/8/1867. Ordens Halt disappeared from the timetable by 1864,  although continued as a conditional stop.  More than  50 years later, it briefly reappeared in Bradshaw’s from  January 1917 to 1920. In 1913, halts were opened at Bridgefoot and at Golf  Club House, between Ladysbridge and Banff. EDITING NOTE Closed yy/yy/yy goods/passengers).